Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tantalizing Tuesdays (36) - Meeting of Minds

Happy Holiday Tuesday, everyone! Well it is for me, and I'm letting the world know. If you're new to the blog, Tantalizing Tuesdays is a Facebook group with a bunch of writers (what's the collective noun for writers, a quill? a scribble? a wordfest?) carving a scintillating scenario from 200 words (title not included), based around a picture. Once again I'm pushing the boundaries a little like the misguided rebel I am, and using a gif rather than a still. I'd freeze the moving image into a single frame if I could, thought hopefully you'll agree it has an excitingly kinetic quality about it. God yes. Anyway, don't stop with me! There's an eclectic range of quality writers to check out by following the link below. (Between the asterisks; I have no idea why Blogger does that.)

*http://tantalizingtuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/7-may.html?zx=5c3f77a21b458998*

As ever here's mine:



Meeting of Minds

“Cut to the chase?”

She sipped her martini as he chugged his beer. “Please do.”

“I’ve been a month on the rig. Time off’s been spent on vacation with my kid. But this weekend’s for me and I know how I wanna spend it. And it’s not talkin’ about the weather. Question is what you want.”

“My.” She toyed with the olive. “Such honesty.” Blunt, hard honesty. Hard as the muscle under that denim shirt.

Work had been the wrong kind of hard. No-bullshit boss lady, that was her. Hiring and firing. Tearing a new one for whoever didn’t pull his weight. Steering the company through dire financial times.

Being in charge claimed its price.

Sometimes a woman needed someone else to take control. To wrench so hard that buttons pinged and seams split. To grapple her flesh with blue-collar grit, to lever and thrust till two hundred pounds’ worth of muscled power rippled through her naked body…

Hell, she hadn’t picked this bar for nothing.

“Where are you staying?”

“Motel. Ten minutes’ drive.”

She sipped again and with a frisson of anticipation returned his stare. “Take me there. I mean… take me there.”

He did. The whole damn night. 

6 comments:

  1. Great tease Jake. Hot start to a hotter night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tease! The temperature is surely going to rise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad his frustrations are eased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sizzling introduction for the all night affair. Loved this line: "To grapple her flesh with blue-collar grit, to lever and thrust till two hundred pounds’ worth of muscled power rippled through her naked body…"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! That was hot and so well written - enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete